Friday, June 30, 2017

My Latest Anime Bento Unboxing!


This past month I was, once again, treated to an Anime Bento Box! For those unfamiliar with this subscription box, Anime Bento Box caters to the Anime- and Japanfan. Each box contains a tee shirt, a Japanese treat, and a few anime related goodies.


Included in this months box was: One Piece stickers, a sweet potato candy, Attack on Titan socks, two Kuroko's Basketball posters, a My Hero Academia keychain strap, and a Sailor Moon Luna shirt.
There was also the customary info card and a sneak peak for the next month's box!



I am not even going to lie, when I saw the Luna tee shirt, the 90's kid in me whooped in excitement! As a kid, I definitely wanted a talking black cat that helped me discover my inner superhero.



I have worn this shirt more than a few times over the month, and it will probably stay in my rotation until it needs mending. And then I'll fix it, and wear it some more!



The second article of clothing in this month's box was a pair of Attack on Titan socks. They are lovely thin summer socks with a screen print character. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the show, having only just started it, to be able to tell you exactly which one it is, but he looks pretty BAMF and they're comfy socks!



As with most stickers that I get, the one that I got in this box (the iconic anime One Piece) went to my children. Being two and six, they think that stickers of any kind are the best and don't care what they put them on.

Me, I want to have juuuuuust the right place to put one, and I don't really have that right now.



The two posters also went to my son, who likes looking at art, even if he doesn't know the source. They were curled up to be shipped, and definitely held that curl when brought out.

I like keychains. I always have. My very first key ring held three keys (the key to my bike lock, the key to my dad's, and the key to my mom's) and about ten thousand keychains. So, I love getting a new keychain in nearly every box!

However, if you are not like me, and you don't like having a ton of keychains, be warned that you get one in nearly every box.



This new keychain from My Hero Academia definitely went on and helps me to find my keys in the bottom of my purse or diaper bag.

This month's treat was a little sweet potato candy. If I had been a glutton, I could have eaten it all in one bite, but I chose to take nibbles out of it instead.



The flavor honestly reminded me of roast sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner. It was not unpleasant, but it was a little strange to my American tongue, thinking of it as a sweet treat rather than savory side dish.

To me, that's a big part of the fun of trying treats from other cultures - the realization that different places really do have different culinary tastes.


Anime Bento has once again treated me to a few lovely goodies, and I actually enjoy being able to share it with the kiddos. I'm certain they appreciate it too!

If you are interested in your own subscription to Anime Bento, you can get one here starting at $35.00/month

http://www.animebento.com/
https://www.facebook.com/animebentous/
https://twitter.com/AnimeBentous
https://www.instagram.com/animebentous/

4 comments:

  1. I'm not real familiar with anime. However, it looks like you got some cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with anime or this box, but looks fun! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest daughter would have a filled day with these boxes! She loves anime so much!


    Awesome box! #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete