Monday, July 25, 2016

Using Summer's Bounty: Zucchini Bread



If you’ve ever made the mistake of planting too many zucchini plants, your kitchen may look like mine right about this time of year - overrun with lots and lots of zucchinis that need to be used.



This recipe for Zucchini Bread will not only alleviate some of your stock, but it will (believe it or not!) satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. 

It also freezes well, so you can enjoy a taste of summer later when the days grow cooler!

Zucchini Bread

Makes 2 regular loaves

You Need:

- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 2 ¼ c sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c zucchini, grated
- 1 c walnuts, chopped and/or ½ bag of chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour two 8”x 4” loaf pans.

In a medium bowl, sift together  dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and ground cinnamon.

In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract.

Add dry ingredients gradually to the egg mixture and stir well.

Add zucchini and walnuts and/or chocolate chips.

Divide batter evenly between the loaf pans.

Bake at 325°F for 40-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes, then remove from pans.

Enjoy! 






23 comments:

  1. I still have my grandmother's zucchini bread recipe written in her original handwriting. I have loved zucchini bread for years. This recipe looks very similar. Thanks for sharing with #overthemoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a fridge full of zucchini right now. Love zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like zucchini bread but I can't help remembering a lady who was making it for her neighbor but ran out of zucchini so she chopped up green beans instead and nobody seemed to know the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't think of a more enjoyable way to enjoy the harvest!
    Thank you for stopping by The Maple Hill Hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about trying a new recipe for this . . . thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We make this every summer along with zucchini brownies. You basically could put these babies in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Zucchini Bread, this looks so good! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this time of year when the zucchini comes on strong. I just have to add it to everything. love it! This bread sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUMMMM!!! I love zucchini bread! Great Article, thank you for sharing at The Homesteader Hop Hope to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! I wish I had a slice of this to go with my coffee this morning! Thanks for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is a delicious recipe for zucchini bread. Love the addition of the walnuts. Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love zucchini bread and I have yet to make any this year! This sounds yummy. I hope to see you link up with us: http://www.ourunschoolingjourney.com/2016/08/wonderful-wednesdays-first-week-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea. I love making zucchini bread. It is such a healthy way to use the zucchini which we have an abundance of in the summertime. Thank you for giving us lots of sweet inspiration. I'll be pinning and tweeting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My neighbor always gives me a lot of zucchini - I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing on the What's for Dinner link party - and don't forget to leave a comment at the party. If your post is featured AND you've left a comment, the post also gets tweeted and pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My squash refused to grow this year. Secretly hoping someone will leave some on my doorstep on Aug 8th so I can make some zucchini bread. Thanks for sharing on #FridayFrivolity

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! I love zucchini bread! And I cannot believe the amount of zucchini that you have! AMAZING! LOL I think you need to search on Pinterest for many more zucchini recipes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like Nikki, I love zucchini breat too!
    Thanks for bringing your post to the Blogger's Pit Stop last week.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zucchini bread is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing you recipe for zucchini bread with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Zucchini overload! This will help our planting problem for sure!

    I've chosen to feature this post on the next Peace, Love, Link up! Grab a button and stop by tomorrow for more sharing fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your new Red Plate and have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning! Just a little note to let you know that this post has been *FEATURED* today on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth! :) Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete