Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Braided Spaghetti Roll


Have I got a simple and easy way to make your spaghetti dinner a little more interesting! I present to you the Braided Spaghetti Roll..

There is only so many times a month you can have pasta, am I right? Well, I decided to switch it up tonight with this great recipe! You take your normal spaghetti recipe, add a little cheese and wrap it up in pizza dough and bake! Woo, easy!!

I bought the store bought pizza dough that you can find with the biscuits and crescent rolls... I made spaghetti for about 1 person (serving size).. and a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese (or as much as you like).

Baked Spaghetti Roll

1 store bought Pizza Dough
1 cup Spaghetti sauce (meat included)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 Handful of Spaghetti noodles ( enough for 1 serving)
1 egg white
Parmesan Cheese (a few teaspoons to sprinkle on top)
Garlic salt, to taste


Make up your spaghetti as you normally would, and mix all the sauce together with noodles.

Roll out your dough to a full square sheet. This is easiest done on parchment paper for easy transfer to a greased cookie sheet. (I made the mistake of using plastic wrap, ugh, nightmare!)

Turn your spaghetti into the center of the dough. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the pasta (Don't forget this step as it is really hard to unroll once you have started. Ask me how I know...).

Once your spaghetti is on the dough, cut slits in the dough about 3 inches apart.

Then starting on one side of the roll, gently pull the first cut piece of dough and fold over the pasta. Continue on throughout the loaf intertwining the pieces. Eventually you should be completely covered.

Brush on some egg whites onto the top and sides, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and a light dusting of garlic salt. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.


There you go! Easy as pie, or pizza would be a better analogy! Enjoy!


17 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! I have to make this. I'm planning on spaghetti tomorrow night so I'm going to make this. I have everything I need! I can't wait. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome!!! I have to try this. Thanks for sharing! I found you through Silver Pennies Sundays. I will visit again!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca
    at Chippy White Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber,
    I can wait to try your awesome recipe, it looks delicious. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and Happy New Year!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to eat spaghetti! It looks delicious and just right for a winter's night. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at #OvertheMoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, I'm all for multitasking, and this is a mix of your dinner and garlic bread! I bet the kids would love to have it all in one, they can eat with their hands instead of having to try and get the noodles on their fork! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! clever, clever!! This recipe is on my 'short. but braided' list. Thank you, D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy and yummy! What's not to love? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! What a neat idea! #SmallVictories

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking this is going on the list of recipes to try. I think my boys would love this! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! Pinning to share.
    Happy New Year!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds like my kind of food. I'm addicted to carbs. Thanks for sharing wt What'd You Do This Weekend!

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing on What's for Dinner Sunday!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Double yum! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that looks very tasty! A great way to use up lots of leftovers too! Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to try this Braided Spaghetti Roll! It looks fantastic and different and I know my family would enjoy a dish like this.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Braided spgahetti rolls looks delicious thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible post! I am really getting prepared to over this data, is exceptionally useful my companion. What a brilliant idea! I have to make this. I'm planning on spaghetti tomorrow night so I'm going to make this. I have everything I need! I can't wait. Thanks!
    What a brilliant idea! I have to make this. I'm planning on spaghetti tomorrow night so I'm going to make this. I have everything I need! I can't wait. Thanks! proofreading services - assignment writers - history essay


    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoyed reading every single bit of this article. Thanks for sharing this informative article with us. I am delighted to see your post after a long time. Now its time to avail Best Tire Change Service in Washington DC for more information.

    ReplyDelete