Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Review: Graze

Reviewer: Daniel Snider

So there I was, in the middle of the Mojave, sweating like a mad man. My rucksack was feeling heavier by the minute. I had breakfast 4 hours ago and we weren’t due for lunch for at least another hour. That’s when I remembered that I had put a snack in my bag when I was packing the night before. It was a snack from my Graze Nibble Box.


Graze is a subscription box service that sends you 4 snacks in varying frequencies. You can have your boxes delivered every 4 weeks or every 2. Each box costs only $6.

Inside my box I received The Cheese Board, Dark Rocky Road, Mississippi BBQ Pistachios, and Key Lime Pie. Each one was an adventure of flavors and textures.

The Cheese Board consisted of cheesy cashews, salsa corn sticks, and herb crackers. The cheese flavor was very light and the sweetness of the cashews helped to break up the light salty taste of the cheese. At only 139 calories, it’s a great snack to suppress those midday munchies you get between meals.


 Dark Rocky Road was one of my favorites. It consisted of Belgian Dark Chocolate Buttons, Cranberries, and Pecans. This snack comes in at only 183 calories even considering the chocolate! The flavors complimented each other very well. This one didn’t feel as satisfying to me as some of the others did though. It was definitely packed with lost of quick energy.




The Mississippi BBQ Pistachios didn’t have as much of that sweet, smoky flavor that I had hoped for but were still very yummy. I love pistachios to begin with so adding a little flavor to them makes them even better! This one was only 104 calories.





My favorite, by far, in this box was the Key Lime Pie. It consists of lime raisins, mini meringues, sponge pieces and green raisins. This one was very filling. There wasn’t a strong lime flavor but it was certainly there. The combination of the ingredients was perfect. At 108 calories, this snack is sure to please everyone.


 Once you sample a few of their snacks you can log on to their site and rate your favorites on a scale of trash, try, like, or love. This gives customers the opportunity to try new things, toss the ones they don’t like, and keep the good stuff coming! This is a great addition to an already incredible service.

When you create an account you will get a “Feed Your Friends” code. The friend code entitles your friend to receive their 1st and 5th box free! And with every friend that uses your code you can choose either $1 off discount on your box or you can donate it to the Graze School of Farming, a school located in Kabubbu, Uganda. Here, students are taught how to grow, maintain, and harvest fruit from their own trees. 

I am happy to announce that I am continuing my subscription to graze. I actually received my second box as I was working on this review.

In the new box I received 4 new snacks: My Thai, Apple Cinnamon Flapjacks, Jalapeno Fiesta, and Garden of England.

My Thai was made up of sweet chili sauce and baked soy bites. I absolutely loved this one. I couldn’t help myself when I opened it.

I also received Apple and Cinnamon Flapjacks. These were absolutely amazing. They were soft and super yummy. My wife had eaten one while I was trying the Jalapeno Fiesta. I offered her some and she told me that she needed to wait for a few minutes because she wasn’t ready for the flavor to leave her mouth yet.

The Jalapeno Fiesta was excellent. The combination of nuts and seeds flavored with a slightly spicy jalapeno were absolutely irresistible.

Finally, a combination that was bursting with flavor and at only 70 calories was the Garden of England. The black currants, apple pieces, and mini strawberries were so full of flavor that I couldn’t put them down. It took all the self-control that I had to save a little for my wife who was napping at the time.

I am truly happy with my decision to continue my subscription with Graze. Once you try it I am sure that you will be too. I can’t wait to see what I get next!

Graze Website
Graze on Facebook

*** 
This post was originally posted at WAHM Review and is being cross posted here by the original author.  I received no monetary compensation for this review, however I was provided with the product for free for purposes of review.  All opinions are my own. Click here see our full disclosure policy.

1 comment:

  1. How fantastic. I love all the nuts and fruit included in the box. Even if there is chocolate or other sweets for flavor, I think these are great low calorie snacks.

    ReplyDelete